Architectural Lighting Edge-Lit Exit Sign
Download the Cut Sheet for the Architects Dream Edge-Lit Exit Sign
The Architect's Dream Series Edge-Lit Exit provides a slim profile combined with attractive finishing options that blend well with architectural spaces. A self-diagnostic charger is standard on self-powered models. Easy installation, universal mounting configurations and field selectable chevrons make the CAO-CSP Edge-Lit both a specification product and an electrical contractor favorite.
Illumination of the Architect's Dream Series exit panel is accomplished with the use of high brightness LEDs in an optical array offering even illumination. Average exit legend illumination level is 25 fl (79 cd/m2). Panel is available in 6 inch or 8 inch, UL and NFPA compliant lettering without a change to the housing parts.
Universal mounting configurations include recessed ceiling mount, surface ceiling mount, surface end mount and surface wall mount. Surface mount configurations mount to a 3.5 inch octagonal junction box. Field selectable chevrons are standard.
All housing components are premium die-cast aluminum construction. A range of finishes are available (see Ordering Information below). A bar hanger bracket kit is standard for recessed applications.
The Edge-Lit Exit panel is manufactured from high impact acrylic and silk-screened using computer generated artwork. All artwork meets UL and NFPA standards for exit signage. Universal self-stick chevrons are standard. Panel is available in 6 inch and 8 inch EXIT legend heights.
AC Only - 120/277 VAC dual voltage input with surge protection is standard on all models. Emergency Operation - Charging system is microprocessor driven with software embedded diagnostic routine and temperature compensation. See specification sheet C1465 for electronics details. 120/277 VAC input, surge protection, brownout, AC lockout and low voltage disconnect features are standard.
Maintenance free, sealed nickel cadmium battery Exceeds 90-minute run time requirement Estimated service life of 10 years Operating temperature range of 32F (0C) to 104F (40C)
Five year full electronics warranty Five year full plus five year prorated battery warranty
- UL 924 listed
- NFPA 101
- UL damp location listing 32F (0C) to 104F (40C)
- NFPA, UL, IBC, NEC, BOCA and OSHA illumination standard
- Energy Star compliant
- Meets ADA specifications for wall mounted lighting fixtures
Input power requirements at 120 VAC / 277 VAC AC Only
- Red - 3.80 watts (120VAC), PF = 0.96
- 3.80 watts (277VAC), PF = 0.91
- Green - 4.00 watts (120VAC), PF = 0.95
- 4.00 watts (277VAC), PF = 0.90
- Red - 4.70 watts (120VAC), PF = 0.95
- 4.81 watts (277VAC), PF = 0.97
- Green - 4.71 watts (120VAC), PF = 0.95
- 4.67 watts (277VAC), PF = 0.99
- *Self-powered models incorporate the Intelli-Charge diagnostics electronics package. Self-testing is a factory installed option.
- BBKIT = Back box kit for early (rough-in) of product (must order remainder of product with LBB suffix)
- ICIR = Intelli-charge infra-red remote
- PKIT12W = Pendant Kit, 12 inch white finish
- PKIT12B = Pendant Kit, 12 inch black finish
- NOTE: Custom pendant lengths and colors available, consult factory.
- BBKIT supplied with a clear coat finish for installation above a finished ceiling.